Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr. announces the MURDER conviction by a Fulton County Superior Court Jury of GERROD CRAWFORD, 24, in the death of ANTONIO MCBRIDE.

 On November 3, 2015, Antonio McBride, 20, was innocently walking to his apartment in the early morning hours. The victim was headed home from a music studio where he had been recording with a friend. At around the same time, Stanley Walcott, 45, drove Gerrod Crawford and Kahreek Flowers to a home on Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard to meet a drug dealer. Walcott dropped them off and parked his Lincoln Town Car on the side of the house. Crawford and Flowers intended to rob the drug dealer, but when they realized he had a gun the two abandoned that plan. Instead, Crawford and Flowers turned their attention to McBride who just happened to be walking in the area at the time. Flowers and Crawford tried to rob McBride at gunpoint, but the two grew especially frustrated when they realized McBride didn’t have a phone or any money they could steal. Instead of robbing McBride, Crawford and Flowers attacked him. The pair hit and kicked McBride over and over again and eventually knocked the victim to the ground. At that point, Flowers fired three shots, two to the victim’s body, and one to the head.

 A woman nearby told investigators she saw Flowers and Crawford chasing McBride just before the murder. She heard McBride yelling, “I ain’t got it, I ain’t got it.” The witness said she saw Flowers shoot McBride.

 The case went cold for four months before Lead Detective Thomas received a Crime Stoppers tip implicating Flowers as the person who shot and killed McBride. The tipster also said that Detective Thomas could find the Lincoln Town Car spotted near the crime scene on the night of the murder at a home in Jonesboro. On March 11, 2016, the people who live in that home in Jonesboro admitted that Flowers was their nephew and Walcott was the actual owner of the Lincoln Town Car. The couple said Walcott abandoned the car in their driveway a few months earlier. He said it was out of gas and he’d be back for it, but Walcott never returned.

 Flowers later admitted to Detective Thomas that he and Crawford decided to rob McBride and Flowers said he was the one who shot the victim three times with a revolver. Crawford was arrested by the APD Fugitive Unit on May 4, 2016. He will be sentenced at a later date. Flowers already pleaded guilty to murder at a separate trial on December 13, 2016, and he is serving a life sentence plus five years. 

The Honorable Judge Doris L. Downs, of the Superior Court of Fulton County, presided over the case. Assistant District Attorney Linda Dunikoski prosecuted the case. Assistant District Attorney Stephen Knights and Investigator Adam Gardner from the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office assisted in the case. Detective Calvin Thomas of the Atlanta Police Department was the Lead Detective.