Fulton County District Attorney, Paul Howard, Jr. today announces a conviction by a Fulton County Superior Court jury of ALDRICH CAIN,23,  MARIO GOODEN,26, and JUSTIN SMITH,20,  for the August 12, 2016 murder and armed robbery of OTIS PERDUE.

As proven at trial, at approximately 1:14 p.m. on August 12, 2016, OTIS PERDUE,31, was shot and killed during an armed robbery in the parking lot of a convenience store located at 2110 Godby Road in College Park, GA. ALDRICH CAIN and JUSTIN SMITH confronted PERDUE in the parking lot after he purchased items from the store.  The two defendants, with guns drawn, robbed PERDUE who had money visible in his hands. PERDUE resisted by attempting to push CAIN away. CAIN then shot PERDUE four times with a .40 caliber handgun. After the armed robbery, CAIN and SMITH left the scene in an SUV driven by GOODEN.  Police found PERDUE in the convenience store’s parking lot lying next to his car. He was rushed to the hospital where he died from gunshot wounds to his body.  The defendants were identified through surveillance video and an eyewitness who said he heard PERDUE yell during the incident, “You’re not taking my money.” Police also found a distinctive cap in front of PERDUE’S car that SMITH was seen wearing in the store’s surveillance video.

On October 4, 2017, Fulton County Superior Court Judge, Shawn Ellen Lagrua sentenced ALDRICH CAIN to life in prison for shooting and killing OTIS PERDUE. ALDRICH CAIN  was convicted of Felony Murder, Aggravated Assault, and Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony. Defendant JUSTIN SMITH was found guilty of Aggravated Assault. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison. The jury found defendant MARIO GOODEN “the getaway driver” guilty of Hindering the Apprehension of a Criminal. He was sentenced to five years in prison.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Shawn Ellen Lagrua presided over the case. It was prosecuted by Lead Attorney, Cara Convery with the assistance of Assistant District Attorneys Adam Abbate and Mark Turner and Fulton County District Attorney Investigators Michael Green and Johnna Griffin. Detective O. Manning of the College Park Police Department led the initial investigation.