Jury Sentences Man Found Guilty of Murder of Two College Park Teens

to Life Without the Possibility of Parole

Atlanta- Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard, Jr. announces the sentencing of William Felts, one of two men found guilty of the murder of two teens in April of 2007. William Felts was found guilty of two counts of Murder, two counts of Felony Murder, two counts of Aggravated Assault with Intent to Rob and two counts of Kidnapping with Bodily Injury. The sentencing phase of the trial finished yesterday, March 2nd, 2016. The jury sentenced Felts to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Felts was the co-defendant of Jeremy Moody who was tried in March of 2013 for the murder of the two teenagers. Moody was charged with two counts of Murder, two counts of Felony Murder, two counts of Aggravated Assault with Intent to Rob, two counts of Kidnapping with Bodily Injury, and Rape. After the state opened, Moody pled guilty to the indictment. The jury then heard the sentencing portion of the trial and sentenced Moody to death.

On April 5, 2007, sometime after 6 p.m., two teens, who were cousins, went missing after they left their home to walk to a neighborhood store and purchase snacks. The next day, April 6, 2007, the bodies of the 13-year-old female victim and 15-year-old male victim were found by the female victim’s mother in a wooded area behind Bethune Elementary School in College Park, GA, Fulton County. The victims were both naked and each sustained multiple stab wounds. The female victim was sexually assaulted.

District Attorney Paul L. Howard states:

“This is the most heinous crime that my office has been involved in. It is difficult to imagine two teenage children leaving to shop at a neighborhood store to have one of the children sexually assaulted and both brutally killed as they were in this case. We are satisfied with the sentences the two men received. One of the men, Jeremy Moody received the death penalty and now William Felts has received life without the possibility of parole. We hope this process has provided the family with some degree of closure and healing in this matter.”

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Christopher Brasher presided over both the trial and the sentencing phase of the trial. Deputy District Attorney Peter Johnson prosecuted the case with assistance from Senior Assistant District Attorneys Simone Hylton and Sheila Gallow as well as Investigator Terri Jackson of the Fulton County District Attorney’s Investigations Unit. Detective G. Hightower and Detective D. Wilson of the Fulton County Police Department led the initial investigation.