Defendants threatened victim’s life during the attack

Atlanta–Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard, Jr., announces the RAPE conviction, by a Fulton County Superior Court Jury, of 28-year-old TERREN ANDERSON.

On May 1, 2019, Terren Anderson and 21-year-old Leilani Frazier invited a 22-year-old woman and her boyfriend, who was known as “Ghost,” to a location along Fairlie Street in Atlanta to smoke marijuana. When the 22-year-old woman and her boyfriend arrived at the location, Frazier and Anderson immediately confronted “Ghost” about their belief that he falsely claimed to be a member of their illegal criminal street gang. The confrontation escalated, and during the altercation, “Ghost” and an unidentified male left the area.

Anderson and Frazier grabbed the 22-year-old woman and began to interrogate the victim about her knowledge of “Ghost’s” claim to be a member of their street gang. Anderson and Frazier then told the victim she would have to pay for her boyfriend’s actions. The defendants ordered the 22-year-old woman into a nearby tent and demanded that she remove her clothing. Fearful for her life, the defendants ordered the victim to perform oral sex on Anderson. Anderson grabbed the back of the victim’s head and violently forced her to perform this act. Afterward, Anderson placed a condom on his penis and raped the 22-year-old woman. During the attack the condom broke, at which point, Anderson placed another condom on his penis and continued to rape the victim.

Following the attack, Anderson and Frazier threatened to kill the victim if she screamed or notified the police. The defendants said their last victim who contacted police never made it to court. Anderson and Frazier told the victim that they planned to sex traffic her as they had done to other victims. Early the next morning, the victim managed to escape the tent while Anderson and Frazier were sleeping. The victim contacted 911, and she provided police with a description of the attackers. The victim was transported to a local hospital for a sexual assault examination. Medical personnel discovered a piece of a broken condom inside the victim. Frazier and Anderson were eventually taken into custody.

While Anderson was in jail, prior to Frazier’s arrest, the defendants placed numerous phone calls to each other and often discussed ways to evade prosecution. The defendants agreed to call the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office to make false statements while pretending to be the victim. Anderson and Frazier also laid out plans to silence the victim by soliciting individuals to assault her.


Frazier will stand trial in Fulton County Superior Court at a later date that has yet to be determined.   

Anderson was sentenced to 25 years in prison and life on probation.  

Judge Constance C. Russell, of the Superior Court of Fulton County, presided over the case. Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Cobb led the prosecution of the case. She was assisted by Assistant District Attorney Dallas Cox, Investigator Andre Allen, and Victim-Witness-Advocate LaVert Forrest of the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office. Detective S. Bradford of the Atlanta Police Department was the lead investigator in the case.