Friday, March 28, 2014


Deadly Shooting Captured on Motel Surveillance Video

Atlanta– Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard, Jr. announces a conviction by jury trial in the murder case against an Atlanta woman whose rage motivated her to kill. Jurors convicted 30-year-old Leslie Mosby Wednesday on charges of Murder, Felony Murder, Aggravated Assault and weapons offenses in connection with the shooting death of 37-year-old Theisen Wynn.

The incident happened on November 13, 2012 in the parking lot of a Frederick Drive motel near Fulton Industrial Boulevard. Mr. Wynn was sitting inside of a vehicle with a female friend who once dated the defendant. Upset her ex-girlfriend was with someone else, Defendant Mosby blocked the victim’s car in as the two were exiting their vehicle. Mosby then exited her own vehicle and confronted the man and woman about being together. Mosby then produced a handgun and fired a shot towards her ex-girlfriend after a brief argument. Fortunately, the bullet missed. As the female victim began to back away, Defendant Mosby fired a shot at Mr. Wynn who returned fire striking the defendant in the stomach, leg and arm. Defendant Mosby fled the scene in her vehicle. Mr. Wynn meantime, who was shot in the thigh, limped into the motel lobby where he collapsed.  He was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital where he later died.

Mosby was discovered a short distance away by police who were summoned to the scene on a ‘person shot’ call. Defendant Mosby initially claimed she was involved in a road rage incident and that shots were fired at her car, injuring her. Her lie was short-lived. Surveillance video recovered from the motel showed Mosby firing her gun at both victims and then fleeing the scene.

Following her conviction, Defendant Mosby was sentenced to life plus 25 years in prison by Fulton County Superior Court Judge Todd Markle who presided over the case.

The case was prosecuted by Senior Assistant District Attorney Matthew R. Carlton with assistance from ADA Riah Greathouse and DA Investigator Chuck Martin. Detective J. Cross of the Fulton County Police Department led the initial investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *