Defendants fatally shot victim during an armed robbery

Atlanta—Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard, Jr. announces the GUILTY PLEAS of 22-year-old TYCORION DAVIS and 22-year-old QUINTAVIUS ROBINSON.

On November 25, 2015, former boxing champion, 40-year-old O’Neil Bell and a 28-year-old man exited a MARTA bus near the intersection of Harbin Road and Campbellton Road in Atlanta. Bell and the other man were walking northbound on Harbin Road when a red PT Cruiser with dark tinted windows pulled up beside them. Inside the vehicle were Tycorion Davis and Quintavius Robinson. The defendants exited the PT Cruiser and robbed the man who was walking behind Bell at gunpoint before turning their attention to the former boxing star. As they approached Bell, he relinquished his black bag but became embroiled in a physical altercation with the defendants during the armed robbery. As the fight continued, Davis and Robinson shot Bell in the chest, and he died at the scene. As Robinson and Davis were fleeing the area, they managed to fire an additional shot which struck the 28-year-old man, but he survived the shooting.

The murder of Bell was the commencement of a crime spree which began on the morning of November 24, 2015, when 20-year-old Cortez Williams stole the red PT Cruiser from a driveway in East Point. At 7:05pm on November 24, 2015, Robinson and Williams proceeded to rob a woman at gunpoint who was exiting a MARTA bus. At 10:50pm Robinson, Davis, and Williams committed another armed robbery and carjacking of a mother and daughter in Clayton County. Just after midnight on November 25, 2015, Robinson and Davis dropped off Williams at his home before they robbed and fatally shot Bell. The following day the PT Cruiser was found abandoned and the fingerprints of all three defendants were discovered inside the vehicle. Williams later pleaded guilty to armed robbery for his role in the crime spree and was sentenced to 15 years to serve 8 years in prison.

Following their arrests, Williams told police that prior to Bell’s murder Davis said,

“I am going to kill someone.”

 Robinson followed Davis’ statement by saying,

“I am with you.”

 Davis and Robinson both admitted their actions were the result of an attempt to elevate their status within the Atlanta criminal street gang of which they were members.

O’Neil Bell was a Jamaican professional boxer who competed from 1998 to 2011 and held the undisputed cruiserweight title and the lineal cruiserweight title in 2006. Bell amassed a total fighting record of 27 wins, 4 losses, and 1 draw.


Robinson was sentenced to 35 years in prison.

Davis was sentenced to 40 years to serve 35 in prison.

 Judge Kevin Farmer, of the Superior Court of Fulton County, presided over the case. Senior Assistant District Attorney Brett Pinion led the prosecution of the case. He was assisted by Assistant District Kelcee Jones-Connor, Investigator Bernice Higgins, and Victim-Witness Advocate Patricia Cardoso of the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office. Atlanta Police Detective M. Young led the investigation of this case.