Man Pleads Guilty to Sexually Assaulting Multiple Women

Atlanta-Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard, Jr. announces the guilty plea of Defendant Terry Young. After the State put up seven witnesses, Terry Young pled guilty to two counts of Rape, two counts of Sexual Battery, four counts of Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Assault, three counts of Kidnapping, three counts of False Imprisonment, three counts of Armed Robbery, three counts of Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony, three counts of Possession of a Firearm by a First Offender Probationer, two counts of Home Invasion in the First Degree, and Hijacking a Motor Vehicle. Fulton County Superior Court Judge Kelly Lee Ellerbe sentenced Young to life in prison plus five years. During his guilty plea, Young turned to the victims and stated “sorry y’all my bad.”

During the period of September 3rd through September 9th, 2015, Young committed a series of sexual assaults and crimes against four East Point women. On September 3rd, Young entered the home of the first victim at gunpoint and, upon seeing that other people were also in the home, stated “sorry my bad” and left. On September 4th, Young held the second victim at gunpoint and made her get into her car to drive him to the bank to withdraw money. On the way to the bank, Young sexually assaulted the second victim and pistol whipped her. The second victim jumped out of the car before reaching the bank and escaped. Young then hijacked the second victim’s car that contained her cell phone and credit card. On September 8th, the third and fourth victims were sitting in the fourth victim’s car when Young entered the car and held the third and fourth victims at gunpoint. Young then forced the third and fourth victims to drive to a bank and withdraw money. He then forced the third and fourth victims to drive back to the fourth victim’s home and go into the home. Young made the fourth victim go into a bathroom with her two dogs as he sexually assaulted the third victim in the living room. Young then forced the third victim into the bathroom and the fourth victim out of the bathroom and then sexually assaulted the fourth victim in her living room. Young then left the apartment. None of the victims knew Young prior to the incidents.

The fourth victim had a security camera in the living room that caught the circumstances leading up to the sexual assault of the third victim on video. Photographs and video were captured of the third and fourth victim going to the ATM at gunpoint. Fingerprints were collected on both the car of the second victim and on a Fireball Whisky bottle Young drank out of while in the fourth victim’s home. Both fingerprints matched that of Terry Young. GBI identified Young’s DNA in the rape kit of the fourth victim as well as in the underwear of third victim.

District Attorney Paul L. Howard, Jr. states:

“It is always important to take a serial rapist off the street. This man terrorized an entire community for almost ten days. We must keep in mind statistics show that, on average, women report only 30% of the sexual assaults inflicted upon them. Consequently, eight more victims could still reside in our community suffering because of his brutal assaults. We hope that our community can rest easier after today’s guilty plea.”
Fulton County Superior Court Judge Kelly Lee Ellerbe presided over the trial and sentencing. Senior Assistant District Attorney Joanna Steiner Helsby prosecuted the case along with assistance from Senior Assistant District Attorney Lauren Travis and Investigator Greg Patterson of the Fulton County District Attorney’s Investigations Unit. Detective Johnny Cooper of the East Point Police Department led the initial investigation.