Defendants were 13, 14, and 16-years-old at the time of the incidents

Atlanta—Today, September 9, 2019, Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard, Jr. announces the beginning of trial, in Fulton County Superior Court, in the PARTICIPATION IN CRIMINAL STREET GANG ACTIVITY and ARMED ROBBERY case against 16-year-old DE’QUANDRE WEAVER, 18-year-old TYYNEEFAH WELLS, and 15-year-old ANTHONY CLEVELAND.

On July 6, 2017, 16-year-old Tyyneefah Wells called Marco’s Pizza in College Park for a delivery to an abandoned home along Smoke Ridge Drive. When the driver, 20-year-old King Melton arrived, he was attacked by Wells and 14-year-old De’Quandre Weaver. Melton tried to get away from the teens as they attempted to steal his car at gunpoint, but he was shot once in the arm, hip, and penis. Melton was critically injured but still managed to escape in his vehicle while the teens fled the scene. The following day, on July 7, 2017, Wells called Papa John’s Pizza for a delivery to a home along Buckhurst trail. When the driver, 31-year-old Felicia Evans arrived, a gun was pressed to the back of her head. Wells, Weaver, and 13-year-old Anthony Cleveland punched Evans in the face, stole her wallet, and fled in her vehicle. The teens were later arrested when police located the stolen car. Wells, Weaver, and Cleveland are all members of a prominent Atlanta street gang in South Fulton County.


State v. De’Quandre Weaver, Tyyneefah Wells, and Anthony Cleveland


Trial for Participation in Criminal Street Gang Activity, Armed Robbery, Etc.


Begins with Jury Selection, Tuesday, September 10, 2019


Fulton County Superior Court
Judge Kevin Farmer
Courtroom: 4D

Judge Kevin Farmer, of the Superior Court of Fulton County, is presiding over the case. Assistant District Attorney Danielle Douglas is leading the prosecution of the case. She is being assisted by Assistant District Attorney Rives Hiles, Investigator Tiffany Griffin, and Victim-Witness Advocate Patricia Cardoso of the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office. Fulton County Police led the investigation of this case.